Advanced Trip Search
Island peak with Gokyo/EBC
Island Peak Climbing with Gokyo and Everest Base Camp trek takes us to a series of beautiful turquoise lakes in the Gokyo valley, the famous Cho La (5,420m) and Kongma La (5,535m) passes and the base camp of Mt. Everest before climbing the Island Peak (6,189m). On our 22-day journey we also ascend Gokyo Ri (5357m) and Kala Patthar (5,545m) which provides magnificent close-up views of the world's highest mountains including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and more.
The Island Peak climbing with Gokyo Lakes and Everest Base Camp trek incorporates proper acclimatization to its itinerary and is ideal for adventure seekers in a quest for a challenging trekking and climbing experience.
Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November) are the best months for this trip. Although Island Peak can be climbed during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
Day 01: Welcome to Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing tour around
Kathmandu valley like Pashupatinath, Boddhanath, and Bhaktpur as well.
Day 03: Flight to Lukla and trekking up to Phakding.
Day 04: Phakding to Namche.
Day 05: Namche rest day for acclimatizing.
Day 06: Namche to Machhermo
Day 07: Machhermo to Gokyo.
Day 08: Gokyo to Gokyo peak and back to Gokyo.
Day 09: Gokyo to Cho La pass for Lobuche. (important to carry pack lunch with you).
Day 10: Lobuche to Everest Base Camp and back to Gorak Shep.
Day 11: Gorak Shap to Kalapatther than trek down to Lobuche.
Day 12: Lobuche to Chhukung
Day 13: Chhukung to Island peak (Imja Tse) Base camp.
Day 14: Base camp to top of Island peak - 6106 meter. and trek to Chhukung.
Day 15: Chhukung to Thyangboche
Day 16: Thyangboche to Monjo
Day 17: Monjo to Lukla
Day 18: In the morning Lukla to Kathmandu by fly.
Day 19: Patan Durbar square, Gowawari and Daksinkali.
Day 20: Rafting on Bhote Koshi
Day 21: Rafting on Bhote Koshi and back to Kathmandu.
Day 22: Free day for shopping and resting and shopping.
Day 23: Fly to Home.
The cost of 23 day program will be US$ 5988 for two persons
- Kathmandu airport transfers
- Twin sharing accommodations in 3 star standard hotel on BB basis in Kathmandu for 6 nights.
- Transport for sightseeing in ktm. and Bhaktapur .
- Transport for Patan, Godawari and Daksainkali .
- Meals- 3 times a day in available restaurant enroute during the trek
- Accommodations in available lodges enroute during the trekking
- Guide, Porter fees, insurance and Sagarmatha Conservation Area entrance permit, TIMS permit.
- Domestic airfare (Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu)
- Entrance fee in the Bhaktapur, Patan, Kathmandu, Pashupatinath, Buddhanath and Swyambhunath.
- Island peak permit fee, Garbage diposit and climbing Sardar.
- Tents for camping in Island peak base camp and food.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Insurance for guide and trek staffs
- Meals (lunch and dinner) in Kathmandu
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls, Soft drinks,
- alcoholic beverages, mineral water, tips and gratuities etc.
- Climbing equipments like an ice axe, crampons, snow bar, Ice crew, climbing boot,
- siling, Jumar, carabina, getups and ropes are often necessary
Fields marked with * are required