Advanced Trip Search
Sherpani Col Amphu Laptsa Pass Trekking
Duration of Treks: 22 Night 23 Days:
Place Covered: Kathmandu- Tumlingtar-Makalu Valley –Sherpani col-Amphu laptsa pass-Namche –Lukla-Kathmandu
Travels time: September / October/ April/May,
Trekking Mode: Camping,
Maximum High Altitude: 6143m/6135m/5335m,
Hotel in Kathmandu: 4 Night include Breakfast, Kathmandu - Tumlingtar - Lukla - Kathmandu - include plane
From Kathmandu, the majestic backbone of the Himalayan glides our wingtips as we head east for Tumlingtar. Beyond here our trekking route follows a great are rising north onto the ridges of Num and sweeping slowly westwards into the uninhabited heartland of the world's most spectacular mountains and passes.
On the map, you can follow our journey as it emerges out of tranquil pastures and ascends the hidden Arun River valley. Climbing and descending gradually, taking us from villages at 457m to the Khongma Pass at 3,090m, this trail gives us the best possible form of acclimatization. Beyond Num there are no villages. The track climbs all the way to Neghe, crossing the Barun Khola flowing from Makalu. The route to Sherpani Col 6,135m, involves a sustained period at altitude with some steep slopes, but rewards with powerful views of Makalu .8,463m. to the north and the aptly named Island Peak (6,160m) to the west. This is the realm of the glaciers, surrounded by the unforgettable presence of the world's mightiest mountains; and brooding above the towering bulk of Everest it self. The trail heads towards the setting sun, mounting West Col and crossing the wide Hinkhu glacier. In a long day it climbs easily to the Amphu Labtsha pass, descends to skirt under Amphu peak 5,335m, and, with the elegant cones of Island Peak dead ahead, serves to gain the wide Imja glacier and relax on its westerly descent to the village of Chhukhung.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu airport and Transfer to hotel,
Day 02: Free day at Kathmandu hotel include with breakfast,
Day 03: From Kathmandu 40 minute fly to Tumlingtar overnight at Tumlingtar (510m),
Day 04: Tumlingtar-Manibhanjyang 5/6 hours (1180m)
Day 05: Manibhanjyang-Chichi La-5/6 hour (1910m)
Day 06: Chichi la –Num-5/6 hour-(1560m)
Day 07: Num-Senduwa- 5/6 hour- (1540m)
Day 08: Senduwa-Tashi Gaun-5/6 hour (2250m)
Day 09: Tashsi Gaun-Kauma Kharka 5/6 hour (3510m)
Day 10: Kauma Kharka-Mumbuk-5/6 hour (3615m)
Day 11: Mumbuk-Nehe Kharka-5/6 hour (3620m)
Day 12: Nehe Kharka-Merek/5/6 hour (4568m)
Day 13: Merek-Makalu Base Camp-5/6 hour (4880m).
Day 14: Rest day and day hiking with our Guide,
Day 15: Makalu Base camp-Hillary Base camp/4/5 hour (4850m)
Day 16: Hillary Base camp-East Col Base camp-4/5 hour (4988m)
Day 17: East Col-Crossing and west Col high Barunche Base camp-6/7 hour (5066m
Day 18: Trek to Panch Pokhari (4800m) 5/6 hrs,
Day 19: Trek to Amphu Lapcha La Base Camp abut (5133m).5 hour,
Day 20: After crossing Amphu Lapcha La Pass (5335) 7/8 hrs Phedi
Day 21: Fhedi- Dingboche (4410m) 6 hrs,
Day 22: Pangpoche-Sanasa 6 hrs,
Day 23: Sanasa-Monjo or Jorsaly 6 hour,
Day 24: Monjo - Lukla (2800m), 5hrs,
Day 25: Fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 26: Free day at Kathmandu, hotel include breakfast,
- Arrival departure transport
- Dinning tent and toilet tent tow men tent,
- Sleeping Matters and Kitchen equipment,
- Lunch Dinner breakfast during the trek as per Itinerary,
- Guide and necessary porters and Salary food High insurance staff and porter Equipment,
- Makalu park Permit,
- New permit TIMS,
- Kathmandu Tumlingtar-Lukla Kathmandu plane.
- General Climbing equipments such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc.
- Climbing Sherpa Equipment.
- One bottle of emergency oxygen.
- Stander accommodation hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast 4 Night.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance compulsory.
- Nepal entry visa fee/ you can obtain your visa upon arrival at Kathmandu airport
- Alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking and Climbing Equipment.
- Tips for trekking staff
- You must bring your personal equipment such as, Sleeping bag/Crampons/Harness ice axe, and ice hammer.
Fields marked with * are required